About Me

My photo
I am a journalism graduate and LCF student desperate to break into the fashion industry (desperate being the operative word). I currently write for daisygreenmagazine.co.uk and runninginheels.com, and right here is where I vent my trials and tribulations, style and fashion cravings. I am a handbag addict, as well as loving a good old cup of yorkshire tea. Give me jelly babies and I will love you forever. I need to learn French so I can live in Paris with a pug and a wardrobe full of gems. I will always return to my first love - London town. As far as I am concerned there is nothing in life that cannot be solved with a good handbag - preferably a Chanel.

Tuesday 10 August 2010

Could be worse...


Every time I get stressed about something, I look at this gem and remember it could be worse!

As a new graduate, there is one word currently scaring the life out of me - RESPONSIBILITY.

I have sent over 100 emails to every magazine I can think of, asking, no, begging for work. And I'm willing to work for free!

The problem is, Central London + life = very expensive, and whereas a one year internship with Elle would make me wee with excitement, how on earth are you supposed to live?! Rent is almost £140 a week, add on food and you need £160 just for basics, and that's without travel or *gasp* tall vanilla lattes!

But all things considered, I know it could be worse. I'm healthy, have a great family, great friends, a couple of delicious handbags and a full head of hair.

So as I send yet another application, and beg once again for money to write, I shall keep remembering: It could be worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment